Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Be Able to Laugh at Oneself


This last weekend we were over at a friend's house and the topic of vegetarianism came up and we explained that we have been veggies for two and a half months now.

The guy of the couple smirked and said, "What's that joke about vegetarians? Vegetarians are the village idiots who were too dumb to figure out the hunting fish thing."

HA!!

I had to laugh.

Hope you can have a laugh with it too.

-Peace to all beings-

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

Mikayla Starstuff said...

"Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."

One of my favorite quotes, though I have no clue where it came from.

:-D

"James" said...

Mikel:

Great quote!!!

Thanx

Mona said...

That is great!

I found you on someone else's link list, and had to visit with a title like The Buddhist Blog.

Wonderful, wonderful posts...keep it up, because we just can't get enough good messages out there.

Mona said...

p.s. mind if I have you listed on my blog as well?

Nacho said...

James, nice line. But we need a joke to come back to your friends with! : ) I hope you are well James, all the best,

N

"James" said...

Mona:

Welcome to my blog. I always thought that the title of my blog was a bit boring but to the point I guess.

And yes you may link here. :)

Nacho:

Yeah, got any ideas?

Lans said...

That is pretty funny. Laughing at oneself is the best. There is never any guilt at who's feelings may have gotten hurt! =)

"James" said...

Lans:

Yeah, I think laughter is an important part of letting attachments to our dear selves go.

Great dharma practice to laugh.

ShareThis Option