Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Monday, October 10, 2005

People Are Just As They Are


Everything is as it is. It has no name other than the name we give it. It is we who call it something; we give it a value. We say this thing is good or it's bad, but in itself, the thing is only as it is. It's not absolute; it's just as it is. People are just as they are.

-Ajahn Sumedho, "The Mind and the Way"

Copyright Wisdom Publications 2001. Reprinted from "Daily Wisdom: 365 Buddhist Inspirations," edited by Josh Bartok, with permission of Wisdom Publications, 199 Elm St., Somerville MA 02144 U.S.A, www.wisdompubs.org.

-Peace to all beings-

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

kaotika_amelie said...

Hello, I have just discovered ur blog and i really like it!!! I am also interested in the Buddhist perception of life and try to apply it to my everyday life as hard as I can... but it is quite hard. That is what I like the most about it,probably... it just keeps making me wanna try harder. It is my peronal challenge and way to enjoy life just as it is :)

You r also welcome to visit my blot at: www.kaotikamelie.blogspot.com. I have actually linked u to it!!

"James" said...

Kaotika:

Welcome to the blog!! I'm glad that you enjoy it. I am but a humble traveller on the path as well. I agree that the path is sometimes hard. However, for myself I think that my seeing the path as hard makes me realize just how hard I make it on myself!

I will indeed visit your blog and thanks for the link!

(I bow to the Buddha within you).

Mona said...

I love this concept...it definitely helps me in accepting people, life, the world, etc.

Great post!

"James" said...

Mona:

Yeah, I love it too. It helps remind us that everyone is in flux and a state of change. It also helps remind me that I too have many bruises and scars that might annoy others!! We are SO much more alike then different.

ShareThis Option