Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Friday, October 07, 2005

The Sutra on Full Awareness of Breathing


“I am breathing in and liberating my mind. I am breathing out and liberating my mind.” One practices like this.

-The Sutra on Full Awareness of Breathing, translated by Thich Nhat Hanh

From "Teachings of the Buddha," edited by Jack Kornfield, 1993. Reprinted by arrangement with Shambhala Publications, Boston, http://www.shambhala.com/.

James's comment: With every mindful breath we maintain peace and liberation. I like to even breath mindfully while I'm driving. I use to have A LOT of road rage but since embracing Buddhism and mindful breathing I have REALLY relaxed.

-Peace to all beings-

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Mona said...

This is one of my favorite activities to do. It is amazing how many benefits it has and how many problems it helps. Thanks for posting this, and that is a beautiful photo!

James said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
"James" said...

Mona:

I agree. Deep breathing helps calm us down both physically and emotionally. It is one of the most basic yet successful tools we have to help ground us and keep us liberated.

ShareThis Option