Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

View Problems as Challenges


View all problems as challenges. Look upon negativities that arise as opportunities to learn and to grow. Don't run from them, condemn yourself, or bury your burden in saintly silence. You have a problem? Great. More grist for the mill. Rejoice, dive in, and investigate.

~Bhante Henepola Gunaratana

James's comment: I can especially relate to the don't "condemn yourself." Often when I realize that i did not make a mindful choice I then beat myself up only adding more problems and fuel to the fire of the first problem!

-Peace to all beings-

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Nerdine said...

I know this problem too... It is hard sometimes to remember that your problems are opportunities to learn and grow. It is important to remember.
Btw - I have a post that might interest you today..

Guro

ae2004 said...

Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu!

"James" said...

Nerdine:

Yes it is an important lesson. It is something that I don't always remember either. sometimes it's easier to just feel sorry for ourselves.

I'm going over to your post right now...

james said...

Ae2004:

Namaste

Contemplative Activist said...

Thank you for this. I am struggling at lot at the moment with my work - I must remember not to condemn myself but to rise to the challenge.

I'm really enjoying the quotations on your blog and your comments. Thank you!

"James" said...

CA:

I'm so glad that you are enjoying my blog. I get as much out of reading the quotes as I do posting them for others.

I hope your work situation improves soon. In the mean time, keep breathing! :)

I bow to the Buddha withing you.

ShareThis Option