Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Cyber Mindfulness Bell


One of the members of my Sangha informed the group last time that she has a little mindfulness bell program on her computer at work! You can set it to ring once an hour, every 15 minutes or at random. I was excited to hear about it since I spend a lot of time on my laptop (probably too much time). Anyway, it is a beautiful sound and every time I hear it I stop my typing, settle my breath and say, "I listen, I listen. This wonderful sound brings me back to my true home."

Here is the link if you would like to download it onto your computer as well.

Photo Credit: The big bell at Inwangsan, Seoul, South Korea. http://anxiousdog.blogs.com/photos/seoul/bell.html

-Peace to all beings-

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

isaiah said...

The link is a wonderful way to be reminded of what is truly important.

Imagine a world where bells are ringing every second of the day and each sentient being is in a constant state of re-memberance.

I've downloaded my bell and reminder. Thanks fore the link.

"James" said...

Isaiah: I can see that world and it reminds me of what my fellow sangha member told me (the one who told us about the bell to download).

She said that where she works most people have downloaded the bell so people's bells' go off all day long!! What a great work environment!

Ottmar said...

If you don't have a PC, you could leave this page open: ottmarliebert.com/blog - a bell will ring every nine minutes.

ACey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ShareThis Option