Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Peace

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

James's comment: Despite all the wonderful and truthful teachings of the Dharma I have found for myself that I can only find the true peace and understanding that these teachings give us through my personal practice.

This is exactly what the Buddha taught. He can only lead us so far with his words and then we must go it alone (so to speak) the rest of the way and experience them for ourselves.

Even while taking refuge in my sangha I must still practice on my own. No one can do the sitting for me.

-Peace to all beings-

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

greenbean said...

Dear James, thank you for a very good post - yes, we must do it ourselves and no one else can replace that.It's very hard and very difficult,but it's worth it.Good luck and Deep Bows.

Dharmasattva said...

Great blog, James. I am a Coloradan, too (in exile in Florida). I love your site and find it inspirational.

Namaste.

"James" said...

Greenbean: I appreciate your compliments. Yes, it is very, very worth it. I bow deeply to you as well. Thanks for visiting, I hope to see you around here more. :)

Dharmasattva: Thanks! Ahhh, always good to meet and welcome a fellow Coloradoan. I am happy that you find my site inspirational. I enjoy sharing and hearing other inspirational messages with all who visit. I bow to the Buddha within you.

ShareThis Option