Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Friday, May 05, 2006

God Broken Up Into Several Less Powerful Deities


Doyle Redland of the Onion Radio News (the fake, sarcastic "news" agency) files a shocking report:

Calling the theological giant’s stranglehold on the religious industry “blatantly anticompetitive” a U.S. district judge has ruled that God is in violation of antimonopoly laws and ordered Him to be broken up into several less powerful deities. . .[Said the judge,] “He has carved out for Himself an illegal monotheopoly.” Leading theologians are applauding the God break-up, saying that it will usher in a new era of greater worshipping options, increased efficiency, and more personalized service.

James: I had a good laugh with this one.

Touche.

I found this story through the TricycleBlog: The Buddhist Review

Link to the full radio spot HERE. I found it funnier listening to the spot then reading it.

-Peace to all beings-

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

tatiana said...

This was funny. . .

"James" said...

I thought you would like that :)

By the way did you see my post before this about enlightenment and coconuts? It's a funny one too.

Johnny Newt said...

I hope we all get our own personal God outta this deal, i need one for my house and studio, also I'm sure my neighbor would like one too for his election campaign. hey how about a God that only cures upset stomach, i had a bad spell last night now he would've came in handy!

"James" said...

Johnny:

Hmmm. Yeah, I could use a God that would perform cool tricks to impress my friends. I'd name mine Steve. :)

ShareThis Option