Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Thoughts on Enlightenment During Meditation

During my meditation session yesterday I had an interesting thought enter my mind:

"Enlightenment is a practice not a prize."

~Peace to all beings~

PHOTO CREDIT: Standing Buddha statue from the 2nd or 3rd century in a museum (not sure which one). However, Tom Armstrong sent the picture to me. Thanks Tom!!

It's amazing how well intact is appears to be considering it's age.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

12 comments:

david said...

You are absolutely right, the ultimate practice.

Humorously, I heard Bob Thurman once say "In Buddhism, we hear a lot about, practice, practice, practice .. what I want to know is ..when is the performance ?"

Renée said...

Some statues are of such divine inspiration that you could think the artist himself is an enlightened person...

Greenwoman said...

Wow...that one hit my write between the eyes....wandering off to ponder that a while.

*runs back for a hug...* Thanks!!

James Ure said...

David:

That's a great comment by Thurman. Very witty.

Renee:

I think you're very right.

Green Woman:

Thanks for the hug and enjoy thinking about that one. ;)

trinitystar said...

And so it is ... thank you for reminding us James.
hugs for you :o)

James Ure said...

Trinity:

You're welcome. Thank-you for your presence. :) I bow to the Buddha within you. _/I\_

hotboy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Hotboy

BiPolar Guy said...

a journey
not a destination

James said...

Hotboy:

You're quite welcome.

BPG:

Absolutely.

Tom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom said...

Whoa! I missed this post when it first up. Outstanding sentiments in your text. And the Buddha does look very nice in your blog; I am sure he can only be honored.

-- Tom Armstrong

They call him James Ure said...

Tom:

Thank-you, thank-you. The picture does look noble and peaceful at the same time. Thank-you again for the picture.

ShareThis Option