Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hotmail vs. Gmail and a Profound D.T. Suzuki Quote

Well, I've finally had it with hotmail. My wife has been trying to get me to switch to gmail for sometime now and I'm been meaning to fully switch over for some time. I already have a gmail account but have, up until now, rarely used it. There are just so many features that gmail has that hotmail falls miserably short in comparison and now I'm having trouble logging into my hotmail account so it's time to jump ship on it.

So, from now on if you want to contact me via email you can find me at jaymur-at-gmail.com

I'll still check my hotmail address for awhile but the gmail address will be my long term account.

Now, onto the good stuff:

What one thinks or reads is always qualified by the proposition "of" or "about," and does not give us the thing itself. Not mere talk about water, nor the mere sight of a spring, but an actual mouthful of it gives the thirsty complete satisfaction.

- D. T. Suzuki, Essays in Zen Buddhism

~
Peace to all beings~

PHOTO CREDIT:
Nam June Paik, late Korean artist

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Robin said...

Yes, I have switched too..

and I am always grateful to both of the organisation for providing unlimited storage place for free.

An exercise of sharing or just another commercial vehicles.

taza said...

cool pic, that techno Buddha!

and a belated thank you for the autumn-buddha pic, i snagged it for my blogpost the other day and liked it so much i made it my desktop background.

that tolerant, knowing half-smile....really wonderful! where did that shot come from?

They call him James Ure said...

Robin:

Yes, I am grateful too. I shouldn't be so annoyed with hotmail. It's just time to move on. Change is inevitable, even in email servers!!

Impermanence brings new opportunities!!!

Taza:

Yeah, I dig that picture too. It's very interesting.

You're welcome regarding the picture although I didn't take it myself. I couldn't find a person to credit unfortunately so I'm not sure who the real artist might be.

I was taken by the smile too. :)

Anonymous said...

Gmail is so much better than Hotmail. Really all Microsoft products should be avoided as much as possible, from Windows, to Office, to Internet Explorer, to MSN.

I suggest Ubuntu or Fedora Linux, OpenOffice.org, Firefox, and Google.

BTW great blog. Wanna exchange links with me at http://ecumenicalbuddhism.blogspot.com

They call him James Ure said...

Anonymous:

Yeah I love Gmail and switched to Firefox awhile ago. I really like Firefox.

ShareThis Option