Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Gandhi the Bodhisattva.

Whenever I see an erring man, I say to myself, I have also erred; when I see a lustful man I say to myself, so was I once; and in this way I feel kinship with everyone in the world and feel that I cannot be happy without the humblest of us being happy.

-Mahatma Gandhi, 1920

James: He was one of the most amazing people to grace this planet and his legacy, example and beauty live on year after year like ripples across a pond. He was not the first person to teach and live non-violence (ahimsa) but he showed that despite it's position of humility that it was a powerful tool in affecting political change on a massive scale.
My thoughts then turn to the good people and monks of Burma who have practiced non-violence to resist the oppression of the totalitarian government but were pushed back. I hope that they remember what this frail, humble man from India was able to accomplish with time. I can hear Gandhi speaking to the Burmese resistance and to us all:

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall — think of it, always."

~Peace to all beings~

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Greenwoman said...

I love that quote from Ghandi...Its so beautiful. Lovely post my beloved friend. ((Hugs))

Anonymous said...

We specialize in laptop battery,laptop AC adapters. All our products are brand new, with the excellent service from our laptop battery of customer service team.
the most convenient and cheap replacement battery online shop in uk. We specialize in laptop batteries,laptop AC adapters. All our akku are brand new, with the excellent service from our customer service team.
the most convenient and cheap replacement battery online shop in uk. We specialize in laptop batteries,laptop AC adapters. All of batteries are brand new, with the excellent service from our customer service team, you can feel free to purchase on laptop battery!
Here is cheap laptop ac adapter online shop in uk. We specialize in laptop AC adapters. All our au battery are brand new, with the excellent service from our customer service team.

BM said...

Can we also say Mother Teresa is also similar to a Bodhisattva ?

ShareThis Option