Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Wife the "Green Collar" Worker.

As some of you know, my wife recently graduated with a degree in accounting all the while working full time. She ended up graduating within the top of her class and thus graduated with honors. She had been in the banking industry for years before and has been wanting to get a job in the green industry (renewable energy and other environmental jobs).

Well she applied to an up and coming solar company in the area awhile back and didn't hear anything back from them for a couple of weeks but then received a phone call from them awhile later to set up an interview. The interview went well and they were quite impressed with her and ended up giving her the job working in their accounting department. She is so excited to be working a green collar job as getting a job working in the green industry has been her dream job.

Part of why she wanted to work in this industry was because being Buddhist she has wanted to gain employment with a company that was involved in giving back to our environment and working to reduce our negative impact on our Earth.

She is also excited to be working for this company because they are just starting to hire for their accounting department so she will be able to start off getting experience in all areas of the field. This is the beginning of her career and she's in a great spot to launch it.

Well today is her first day and I'm anxious to hear how it's been going, she's going to try and call me at lunch. I'm so proud of her and all the hard work that she has put into gaining this higher education to help improve our lives. She is amazing and so incredibly smart that I just had to brag about her a bit here.

Wish her luck!!!

~Peace to all beings~

Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 comments:

Greenwoman said...

Yay! I hope the day went really well for her James. I'm so glad she easily found a job she can be proud of and learn in. Blessings!!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news! Congratulations to her for working so hard to accomplish what makes her happy! Working in something that makes a difference is something to be very proud of. Namaste.

Riverwolf said...

Please pass along my congratulations. I'm sure it's rewarding to finally find a vocation in which you can use your skills and know that you're making a difference.

Linda Sama said...

that is awesome....good for her!

if you'd like to blogroll my other blog, Linda's Yoga Journey, feel free (I don't swear as much on that blog, and there are many more posts about Buddhism than on Ageless Hippie Chick....;))

you are blogrolled on LYJ

jai bhagwan!

They call him James Ure said...

Thanks everyone for the kind words. :)

Marie Roshi said...

You go, girl!!! It's so inspiring to hear about people realizing their dreams. You tell Mrs. Ure that she is da bomb!

They call him James Ure said...

Marie Roshi:

I will and do every day. She's an amazing and once in a lifetime person. My best friend and I'm so so proud of her!!!

k said...

i saw a really great statue of Buddha in Kaneohe, Hawaii before

there was incense too

I also have seen a number of good Buddhist bibles in Hawaiian Hotels

I think the pacific rim is a good place to practice

although one of the bibles had nasty stuff written in it

http://hawaiiattorneyonline.com/

maui lawyer

They call him James Ure said...

K:

What a coincidence!! My wife was born and raised in Kaneohe, Oahu, Hawaii.

I think I've been to where you're talking with the big buddha statue and incense. I think you're talking about the Temple Valley?

They call him James Ure said...

It's the Byodo-in Buddhist temple.

Anonymous said...

how do you guys keep having such interesting topics

can i borrow u?

http://hawaiiattorneyonline.com/

maui lawyer

They call him James Ure said...

Anonymous:

I don't know, I think a lot lol. Probably too much.

Michael said...

This new site is great, I found everything I wanted and more by just tapping it from my mobile phone and the search engine it’s even greater( it gives you the possibility to search simultaneously in all 50 states for sexual offenders).Oh, it’s also free of charge.Try it: www.predatorbarrier.com

ShareThis Option