Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Art of James R. Ure


I finally have my new art website up and running so you can check it out if you haven't seen my work yet. I have reduced prices on the prints and the originals. I have done two paintings available for purchase that are Buddhistm related. Just click on the titles below:


The Awakening

The painting below is not specifically Buddhist but does touch on Buddhist themes:

The Veil of God

PHOTO: James working on a new painting that will depict the element Earth including bamboo stalks. I am painting a series of these based on the Taoist emphasis on nature, which will include all four elements.
~Peace to all beings~

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Riverwolf, said...

Wow--it's great to see all of your work together. I'm particularly drawn to the more abstract ones like "Sickness." Some powerful energy there.

I'm so glad you've set up the new site!

Tom said...

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. Very very very very very very spectacularly nice.

reymiland said...

Your art is the one way you can bring that tiny part of Nirvana that our minds can conceive of to reality.

Beautiful, simply beautiful.

Nameste!

Jody Wieler said...

The art is very insightful! Living 10 minutes from Niagara Falls, I particularly like that one - a very interesting representation!

Dhamma81 said...

James-

I like the look of your stuff. I've always liked things that are abstract. On another note, I went to see the webstore and there was some sort of glitch so I couldn't actually see the pictures on a large scale. Are you a full time artist? Be well now.

They call him James Ure said...

Thanks everyone. Dhamma81, yeah the glitch thing is still being ironed out by my hosting company. Indeed I am a full time artist. Thank-you for your kind words. Art is like oxygen for me.

ShareThis Option