Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Big Sit Day 3.

Well today is day three of the meditation challenge and I'm going strong. I have been meditating before the start of the challenge but it's great to have this chance to do this with people from all over the world, which feels like a virtual 90 day retreat. I thought of all of humanity as if meditating in one beautiful mass whether morning, noon or night I figured someone was most likely meditating while I was and that was a beautiful thought.

Oneness rose softly yet steadily and firmly into the present moment yesterday while meditating as concentration focused on the cycle of breathes. Soon I was just aware of the breathing and felt as though I was riding in a vast ocean of oneness from wave to wave as my identity slipped from my minds grip with ease. In that moment I was the ocean and the wave but neither at the same time. It made me feel small but not in an insignificant way but rather in a liberating way.

I'm contemplating the genjokoan and hope to have some insights in the days to come.

~Peace to all beings~

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Paul said...

I am enjoying this a lot as it is my first retreat, without retreating, is that an untreat then? I think I'll call it an untreat from now on ;)

I managed 16 minutes last night before I opened my eyes and I must admit I am feeling calmer of late. It could be like a placebo affect in that I am expecting to be calmer but who cares when the result is that I am calmer.

I started looking at the lecture on Tricycle today but it was on for too long to watch during a lunch break so will listen to that at the weekend. Shame its not an MP3 podcast (unless it is and I missed a link somewhere).

Good luck bro, we're all here doing the same thing even if it is different times of the day. But then, in Zen, we could say "what is time? If there is only now!"

_Eiehua said...

"Soon I was just aware of the breathing and felt as though I was riding in a vast ocean of oneness from wave to wave as my identity slipped from my minds grip with ease. In that moment I was the ocean and the wave but neither at the same time. It made me feel small but not in an insignificant way but rather in a liberating way."

very beautiful and peaceful description! Continue keeping strong!

Sending you many blessings.

ShareThis Option