Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Haiku Heaven.

I recommend listening to each video for a few minutes to relax and center yourself before reading each corresponding haiku below it. Trust me, it's worth it. Also, try turning up the volume for a more realistic experience:


crashing thunder roars
rain drops softy rush downward
tan leaf floats rapids


clear shimmering stream
gurgles bamboo wind chime song
veiled destination


jungle leaves pulse green
natural orchestra plays
enjoy being lost

-Haiku by James R. Ure

~Peace to all beings~

CREDIT: Hiyeizan Temple, Kyoto, Japan by Okinawa Soba

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Adam said...

A person can understand suffering easliy with this post. Just listen to the rain video, become lost in it. Then end it and become bombarded with office noise and chatter! Truly that is suffering!

Kayla said...

What a gift to receive at the end of a long day.

I sit with the screen
lifted to another place
Now, begin anew.

Garnet said...

Posting this comment because I cannot find a way to email you. Ran across an article you might be interested in reading. http://www.bravenewtraveler.com/2009/08/06/the-end-of-death-further-conversations-with-jason-silva/

tagskie said...

hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/

Ambud said...

James, I love your blog. I am also a blogger on the topic of Buddhism. I enjoy writing my blog: Ambud.org, and I do have a decent readership; based solely on traffic statistics. I write the blog in an attempt to have like minded Buddhists interact about their experiences on the path. I have a very limited membership and very little response in the way of comments on the blog. I would appreciate it very much if you could find the time to look at my blog and give me some contructive critism, advice on making the blog more interactive.
Humbly,
Patrick AKA Ambud

They call him James Ure said...

Adam:

Oh man that IS suffering!!

Kayla:

Oh I love your haiku. It could really feel your change in spirits in it. Beautiful.

Garnet:

Thanks for the link. That was a fascinating article.

Ambud:

Thank-you!! I'll be over to check things out.

ShareThis Option