Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Monday, November 09, 2009

Heart Sutra Mantra.

Om gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha!! This is from the Heart Sutra mantra, which speaks of transcending thoughts and concepts to reside in the pure essence of being at peace and at one with all. Oneness that is beyond all dualities. In my understanding, to be able to reside in that place of balance between somethingness and nothingness, regardless of circumstances is tasting the enlightenment of Nirvana.

~Peace to all beings~

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Jayarava said...

Hi James

I've yet to see a Sanskrit version of the Heart Sutra which includes "oṃ" in the mantra. You're not the only one who adds it, but it puzzles me why people do.

Regards
Jayarava

They call him James Ure said...

Jayarava:

Thanks for the correction. I've just always heard it said that way so I appreciate your comment. Also, I have yet to get it tattooed with your design as I said I would. When I do please know that I will contact you and pay for your design.

Marco said...

It really needs self-focus to reach nirvana. Visit marco @ free wifi

ShareThis Option