Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Friday, February 05, 2010

Don't Expect Your Practice to be Clear of Obstacles.

My practice has dwindled of late. So this is exactly what I need to hear:

So an ancient once said, "Accept the anxieties and difficulties of this life". Don't expect your practice to be clear of obstacles. Without hindrances the mind that seeks enlightenment may be burnt out. So an ancient once said, "Attain deliverance in disturbances.

- Zen Master Kyong Ho
[ 1849-1912]
James: It's not a sprint it's not even a marathon--it's placing one foot in front of the other. Present moment. Wonderful moment. Only moment.

~Peace to all beings~

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Julie said...

I think it's obstacles that actually make the practice easier. gives you something real to work with. otherwise it's all only in your head.

They call him James Ure said...

I think you're right Julie.

Shinzen said...

I agree with Julie...without obstacles, how can we know when we are truly free!

The obstacles are only obstacle when we label them that way...I try to see them as opportunities for discovery...and I have had lots of opportunities!

Ama said...

"Attain deliverance in disturbances."

Well I certainly have had those the last years. :o)

Thank you for this meaningful and helpful post plus comments.

The Eggman said...

Thank you so much, I have felt that my practice has dwindled I just happened on your blog. I needed the lift.
In Gratitude
Mike

Bergie0208 said...

I want you to try...

http://www.bezenmyfriend.org/

BeZenMyFriend.org is a place to pause, relax, and contemplate the world all around us. There is beauty everywhere. We have only to look. Take a moment from your busy lifestyle... Be Zen, My Friend.

ShareThis Option