Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Friday, October 08, 2010

New Look 2.0: Accent Color Poll.

I'm glad the majority prefer the gray background--I do too. Now, the other question I have is about the accent color I want to use with the gray color scheme. I heard some in the last poll thought the purple on gray was hard to read as well. So, I've set up a new poll (to the left--->) allowing you to choose, which color of the options you think goes best with a gray background. Something to remember is that this accent color will only be used for links and the sidebar text color.

In order to help make your decision; I'm going to highlight the choices in this post, so you can see what the look would be against the gray background. First is blue, which is the color I am using right now for the sidebar text and link texts in the posts.

Next is purple, which I had started out with yesterday but some thought it was hard to read--any other opinions on purple?

Finally we have red, which I know is vibrant but it looks softer I think with the gray background. I hope that one of these three colors will win a majority, so that I can settle on a new design by the end of this week. Thank-you for your participation. It really value what my readers think.

And, again, if you want to leave a comment after taking the poll please feel free to do so in the comment section of this post.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

NellaLou said...

The red seems to make a sharper contrast and the letters look more clear. The purple looks fuzzy against the grey and the blue is somewhat in the middle.

Barry said...

I'm not sure what an "accent" color is but . . .

I prefer black for text and blue for things that you want to highlight or give special attention.

Dean Crabb said...

I think blue and red are both good. Gives you some variance and choice. Blue bold reads and looks differently to unbolded blue.

MysticBlueRose said...

I have visual issues with certain colors on colors and the purple is the most difficult to read, the red is the clearest and the blue is in between.

Charmaine said...

James, I think the Red would be fantastic on a Grey background but I think you should also add a few touches of Black around the site as well. Hope this helps.

ShareThis Option