Search This Blog

Loading...

Buddhism in the News

Loading...

Thursday, February 28, 2013

1 MILLION VISITS TO THE BUDDHIST BLOG!!!


When I started this blog, I never imagined that people would be interested in it enough to come back, but you did, and you brought a lot of friends with you!! The blog has now logged over 1 MILLION visits since its inception in 2005!!!!

I'm truly humbled. It's been so wonderful to get to know so many of you via: comments, emails and sometimes even in person!! I truly feel like this blog is my sangha where I commune with my readers. You have given me so much joy over the years and I feel so humbled that some have turned to me in their times of need. I'm not a monk, a leader, a teacher or anything special but I do love deeply and have great compassion for all beings. Hopefully something I've said helped your life for the better and not the worst. I apologize for all my failings and while I admit that I am hopelessly imperfect, I will always try to do better.

So!! I want to reward your loyal readership by announcing, "The Great Buddhist Blog Book Give-Away!!" In honor of you, dear readers, I have chosen 3 Buddhist books from my collection to give-away. The books being offered are the following:

1st BookRebel Buddha by Dzogchen Ponlop -- This was my favorite book in 2010, and I still refer back to it. It's a book that will appeal to those looking for a bit of a modern spin on their Buddhism. Don't be afraid of being a rebel, so was Buddha!! 

2nd Book: The Best Buddhist Writing 2011, edited by Melvin McLeod, and the editors of the Shambhala Sun. The beauty of this book is that it's several books combined!! You get some of the best writing from Thich Nhat Hanh, Dzogchen Ponlop, Jack Kornfield, and the Dalai Lama. 

3rd Book: The Lankavatara Sutra: Translation and Commentary by Red Pine. -- Red Pine is one of the best English translators available for Asian texts. A lesser known sutra to some, the Lankavatara Sutra is "the holy grail" of Zen Buddhism. It is essentially the "manual" on Zen Buddhism. Zen's first patriach, Dogen Zenji handed this text to his successor and told him everything he needed to know was in there. 

Unfortunately, due to limited finances, I can not ship to international readers. I'm so sorry. I can only afford to ship books to readers in North America. If you are interested in tossing your name into the hat then simply type your name (first name is fine) into an email and send it to: jaymur@gmail.com --

I will then write your names out onto pieces of paper, place them in a hat and have my wife, an impartial, third-party, draw the names out of the hat. I will draw three winners. The first name pulled from the hat will get first pick. Pick 1 book from the three highlighted above. Second place will get to pick from the remaining two books, and third place will get the last book. Trust me, there are no losers here...all the books are excellent. I specifically chose three of the best one's in my collection.

I will draw the names from the hat on 3/8/2013

That's it! I wish everyone luck, and thank-you, again, for your loyal readership!!

~i bow to the buddha within all beings~

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Dave said...

Congratulations in one million visits. Be well.

Jayarava said...

Hi James. Congrats on reaching one million visits. I'm a. international and b. not interested in those books, but it's a nice thought.

ShareThis Option